Sunday 21 April 2013

"Short and Sweet"

Someone said to me yesterday
They like my poems
That I put on Facebook
(He's also a rare lucky one
Who knows where to find the rest)
But I'm not going to digress.
He told me that
They are far too long.
Can I write some short ones?
So short and sweet
I'll keep it neat
No need for names
Phoenix from the flames
Can we do the sleeping bag properly
As I was too drunk to remember
My last attempt!

Dulwich Poet 21st April 2013

An old friend of mine, who I had a crush on, when I was firmly in the 'closet' in the mid-nineties, is fine about it nowadays, and we have a great joke together...well sometimes,eh mate! Back in the nineties we all stayed overnight on a clubhouse floor at football tournament in Hitchin & I tried to get into his sleeping bag, but was too drunk to remember. At the time I was mortified, but now wish I'd been better at it! )

No comments:

Post a Comment