Tuesday 18 February 2014

"Alarming dream"

In reality
Does anyone
Really say:
"Wakey, wakey!
Rise and shine!"
This morning
I didn't rise
I fucking jumped
After a weird dream
Screaming, in my head,
Or out loud.
Not sure which.
What The Fuck
Was that all about?
It's bloody difficult
First thing in the morning
Sorting out fact from fiction
Knowing some stuff
To be so true
It's unreal
The rest being
So unreal it
Can't be true at all.
If only I could
Turn the clock back
And be a teenager
When the only dream
That did my head in
Was a wet one
Because I didn't
Have a wank
The night before.

Dulwich Poet 18th February 2014

(This is about waking up after a vivid dream, that includes real people you know in it, some of the setting in it being real places, others being impossible, but when you wake up, through the interupted dream, you struggle to work our for a few moments, whether it was something real or not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment