Saturday 8 February 2014

"Not For Me"

When I saw you had a degree
In scientific computing
I should have realised
You needed shooting.
Anyone who describes
Our city as 'London Town'
Should have been reason enough
For me to frown.
So different from me
No  Cockney working class
I've got you down as the pub bore
Talking out of his arse.
True enough...
I shouldn't judge
I'm so sorry
But I cannot fudge.
Only thirty pages in
Losing the will to live
Want to attack you
With an ultra-sharp chiv!
It's clear why you self-publish
Might be poetry to you
But it's still all rubbish
In my humble view.
Can't pretend my own stuff
Isn't mostly average crap
But generalising
I'm not a critical chap.
I have you down as the king
Of the quiz in your local boozer
Thinking you're ever so popular
While everyone else
Has you down as a loser!

Dulwich Poet 8th February 2014

(I was in the Poetry Library, picking four more books to read. One caught my eye, as it had London in the title. Oh dear...i am really struggling with it, and the author has done several, all self-published, and having tried to get through this book...I can see why! each to there own...but I am really struggling to even 'skim read' this one!)

[In case anyone want to know...its '"Tales of London town and other Poems" by Sidney Moreleigh]

No comments:

Post a Comment