Thursday 13 February 2014

"Therapy"


Last night I felt so small
This evening I’m not so tall
But I’ve grown
And held my own
Just by reading poetry.
Yesterday’s disaster
Could not have been
Erased faster
As I gave it a go
Warming with an
Inner glow.
From my Kentish Town
Mega cock-up
I’ve learnt a lot
To succeed I’ve got to
Give it all I’ve got.
And the way out just now
Someone said
They like the one
About the giraffe
A perfect
Pick-me-up tonic
That made me laugh.
 
Dulwich Poet 13th February 2014
 
(I read two poems tonight, at the Open Mic evening, at Peckham Library, as part of the ‘Southwark Libraries Rhyme and Reason 5’ poetry festival events.  I read the one about a giraffe that was such a disaster last night, but it seemed to go ok, which made me feel better about myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment