Wednesday 5 February 2014

"The Numbers Game"


 
I’ve started
So I’ll finish…
Is what he said
That bloke on the telly.
But this isn’t Mastermind
It can’t be as I’m sure
Magnus Magnusson
Is probably dead.
No, what I’m talking about
Is my ability to write
Even if most of it
Is total shite.
Don’t know if it’s
Writers block
Or if I’m just
Being a cock.
Irrational fear
There’s nothing to be said
Scared there’s no more poetry
In my head.
For every dozen I do
There’s maybe one that I like
The other ‘ordinary’ stuff
Are only fit to spike.
But if I keep on
Churning out
Run of the mill
Crap like this
I’ll be turning out the
Occasional one
To bring me bliss.
 
Dulwich Poet 5th February 2014
 
(This one’s about my struggle sometimes, to write some poetry. The message to myself being “Don’t panic!” as for every ten I jot down, one might be good enough  for me to share at ‘Open Mic’ nights)

No comments:

Post a Comment