Tuesday 11 February 2014

"Time of Death"

It's something that will
Happen to us all
And as a non-believer
It's not god's call.
Inside my head
I hear this voice
When it's the time to go
It will be my own choice.
Please don't fret
That time's not here
But choosing your dying
Is nothing to fear.
I'm too 'normal' to be 'crazy'
So will never be 'mad'
Not having weird weird dreams
To be diagnosed
About my mum or my dad.
A shrink's not for me
Have you seen the price?
How much an hour..!!!
To make you think twice.
Besides, at the moment
I've got poetry keeping me 'sane'
Scribbling crap down
Crazy thoughts not in vain.
You might find the thought of suicide
Something not clever
But the thought of choosing my death appeals
So never say never.

Dulwich Poet 11th February 2014

(I wrote this, not knowing what I would write,  but I'm trying to jot something down on 'death', as-if football is rained off tomorrow- I shall go to a poetry night called 'Before I Die')

No comments:

Post a Comment