Tuesday 18 February 2014

"Wasted Day"

There's no need
To listen to
Your alarm clock.
For there's no
Work today.
No need to
Jump out of bed
While rushing to...
Check Facebook
If there's time
Slice of toast a bonus.
Just a quick shit
And a wash
Usually.
No work today.
Is that the time already?
One o'clock!
That'll teach me
For searching for
Twinky websites
Until the early hours!
Still.. a few more
Of those 'precious' hours
Left until football tonight.
Breakfast first.
Scrub that.
Cancelled.
More like a
Fray Bentos pie lunch.
Now for the message boards.
Shiiiiit!!!!
Emergency keyboard time.
Must respond!
And that was it!
Day gone.
Now on the bus
To the ground.
After the game
On a bus home.
Then bed.
Nothing achieved.
And how was your day?

Dulwich Poet 18th February 2014

(I scribbled this on the bus to the game at home to Metropolitan Police, in the London Senior Cup, a not taken to oseriously competition where we only field a 'squad side'. I was more there out of 'habit' than in anticipation, as I expected us to lose which we did. I got up late, as stated, and just sat in front of my laptop in the afternoon. It felt like I'd done nothing all day...)

No comments:

Post a Comment