Friday 10 May 2013

"Bit of a Squeeze"

It was like a scene
From an old James Bond
Where the walls slide in
And crush you
Like a write-off car
In a scrapyard.
That was me
In the stacks
At the Poetry Library!
On my knees
Scanning the bottom shelf
Might not have been good
For my health
Thanks to the clumsy clot
Who simply forgot
To look before turning the handle
Almost creating the
Squashed Poet Scandal!
Luckily I managed a cough and shout
Thus ensuring I'm still about.
Got to say I didn't start to cry
Nor did life in a flash pass me by.
In actual fact I was surprisngly calm
In the face of imminent harm
Not so much a "What the fuck?"
While about to get squashed and stuck.
Rather than get into a fight
This is what I decided to write!

Dulwich Poet 10th May 2013

(Looking for some more books to read in the Poetry Library earlier this evening, I nearly got squashed by another reader, as he accidentally tried to move the stacks of books, which are on rollers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment