Monday 6 May 2013

"Panic Stations"

The day has hardly begun
Under the glorious sun
So many things to be done
On MY Bank Holiday Monday.
I should be leaning on a railing
Not tying myself up about failing
Ticking a new ground
On this Bank Holiday Monday.
INSTEAD...
I had this silly idea
To arrange a game
For charidee
Whoopee doo! You bloody fool
Good cause, and all that
But what if it all falls flat?
Is it normal to feel scared
Expecting everything to go wrong
The whole club thinking 'you mong!'?
So no change there then!
Shut up! Re wind!
Time to be kind
And give myself some credit
For once!
Which I'm not used to.
All I've done is put into practice
A little idea
So get rid of that fear
And enjoy the day...
Tick tock, tick tock
Not long on the clock.
So many people have done their bit
The day's going to be a hit.
Come on and have that self belief
Don't beat yourself up imaginary grief.
All I have to do is put pieces in place
And have a 'job done' smile on my face
Fingers crossed
All's not lost!
Grin and believe in youself
It really is a job well done!

Dulwich Poet 6th May 2013

(On my way to the ground, I have been the main instigator for a charity game against a local side. I was extremely nervous, but all was well, beyond my most optimistic hopes, as we raised over a thousand pounds!)

No comments:

Post a Comment