Sunday 12 May 2013

"Owzat!"

Who would have thought it?
One hundred not out!
Doesn't sound much
But a bloody good shout.
I picked up my poets pen
At the start of the year
So much more satisfying
Than relapsing with beer.
Once I finished the first
And passed my duck
Just carried on and chanced my luck.
I don't call myself a 'poet'
Even though I am
Won't be going to any poetry slam.
I'm not writing to entertain
Nor doing it for monetary gain.
I'ts just for me to keep me sane; 

Though some on Facebook I do share
Not the ones with my feelings laid bare.
There's certainly no style to my writing
For any awards I won't be fighting
I don't mind if you have a look
Even though they're not in a book
I shall just carry on as I began
Continue like that & I'm a happy man.

Dulwich Poet 12th May 2013

(Since I began writing poetry at the beginning of January, this one is the hundredth I have done. what else could it be about, but the poems I have already written?)

No comments:

Post a Comment