Wednesday 8 May 2013

"Keeping Schtum"

Sometimes it's best
To say nothing at all
Silence IS golden
So (not) to speak.
You!
The crazy fat girl
Singing out of tune
In the single seat
Right in front of me
With one of your
Lardy arse cheeks
Almost crushing my kneecap!
Keeping head bowed
Concentrating on writing this
Though I want to take the piss
"Excuse me love,
Do you want to swap seats
I think this double one
Is more your size?"
She''s the sort of young woman
Who genuinely believes
That her destiny is
A spot on Britain's Got Talent.
But at heart
I'm a total coward
So decide it's best
Not to say a word...
And get off the bus alive.

Dulwich Poet 8th May 2013

(Getting on a fairly packed single decker bus last night, there was one empty seat, with a single one at right angles, in front, which was occupied by a rather large lump of a young woman. As soon as I sat down I realised why my double seat was empty, and could 'feel' people smirking behind me)

No comments:

Post a Comment