Sunday 12 May 2013

"Tube Stare"

Oi you!
Looking at me?
In your Helly Hansen jacket
Which by my standards cost a packet
And your other 'arf
Are you 'aving a laugh
In her good blue two shoes
And trousers bright pink
I don't care what you think
Even if your choice of colours is ok.
I spotted that dirty look
As I began writing in my notebook
The one that says
We won't make a fuss
But we know you're writing about us.
Fortunately it's not the done thing
To talk on the Underground
Or my paranoia would have told you
To fuck right off!
I clocked that look as you frowned.
I know you wanted to snipe
Got me down as
A weird poetry type
Well I've news for you
I'm not stopping
And can trump the scribbling
As I love groundhopping too!
So put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Have a nice day.

Dulwich Poet 12th May 2013

(No idea where this came from really. got on the tube, and noticed a man staring at me, as I got my notebook out of my bag, not sure what to write, but it turned out to be about hin & his wife!)

No comments:

Post a Comment