Friday 17 May 2013

"Laundry Basket Case"

Have you ever wondered
What the actual definition
Of being poor and lonely is?
It's being sat on a wooden bench seat
Empty laundry basket at your feet
Slowly watching the clock tick round
As you try to lessen your smelly washing mound
With that 'put off' trip to the laundrette
That you've tried to forget
But finally had to get out and do
With no clean socks to wear in your shoe.
It really is tedious such a bore
Not even a pleasurable chore.
Maybe I don't want to be labelled a nutter
But four people in here & not a mutter
Not the done thing to have a chat
Just in case they think you're a prat.
I can try to escape in my world of rhyme
But how do they pass the time?
Treat the washing machine as a goggle box
Gap in the marker for a juke box.
Stare at your bedsheets
With last night's sex stains
Was it kinky with bamboo canes?
Or just your own spunk
With an imaginary hunk?
Sitting there dreamily staring into space
Nothing more than a vacant face.
Traipsing down the road
With your stinky smalls and socks
A task you must agree hardly rocks
Singleton's equivalent of being a 'bus wanker'
Washing machine at home is what we hanker
A bag of your own pants means you have no life
Lonely bastard without a wife
If you're gay there's no fellah
Though you could be a nonce
With a kid in the cellar.
At least I'm not guilty of that, your honour!

 

Dulwich Poet 17th May 2013

( I started penning this one while sitting in my local laundrette, finally doing my washing, as I'd run out of clean socks! I finished it today.).

No comments:

Post a Comment