Monday 24 June 2013

"Bookmarked"

It was weeks away
Dessie's deadline day.
Like the onset of old age
It creeps up on you
And before you realise
It's here!
With no chance
To turn the clock back.
Such is life, cobble together
Three small parts rushed
With less than 24 hours to go
But there's only one thing
I want him to like
Will my poem be included for perusal
Or just spiked by your refusal?
Oh please Mr. Editor
Give me a hint
Fulfil my wildest dream
By putting my poem in print.

Dulwich Poet 24th June 2013

(A Dulwich Hamlet fan is publishing a book on our Championship season, and asked for contributions from fans. I sent him three articles and a poem. I'm not sure which ones he will publish, but hope he picks the poem! Then I can 'pretend' I am a published poet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment