Wednesday 19 June 2013

"Light in the Dark"

Sat on a bench
Out on the street
Taking a swig from a bottle.
All alone.
Nothing more than Pepsi Max
In a spot usually frequented
By street drinkers.
I'm in their place
As a sober thinker!
Watching the world pass me by
Not such a bad thing being dry.
Dusk creeping up street lamps on
Soon it will be dark
And I must be gone
'Tis a pity as
I want to perch here all night
But my belly is rumbling
And I want a bite
Put away my pen time to roam
To the reality of the shit life
That I call home.

Dulwich Poet 19th June 2013

( Earlier this evening I was sat on a bench on the pavement, as traffic passed by, just as it was getting dark. Inside I was content, just enjoying the peacefulness of my lonely life, with my pen and notebook for company)

No comments:

Post a Comment