Thursday 25 July 2013

" Am I?"

"We won the League
At Champion Hill;
We won the League
At Champion Hill!
We won the League
At the Dulwich;
WE WON THE LEAGUE
AT CHAMPION HILL!"
'The Only Way Is Up'
24 small chapters
17 contributors
Dulwich Hamlet
Ryman League
Division One South
Champions 2013/14
Now read the book!
I only mention it
Because...
Three articles were mine
And, and, and...
One -the only-
POEM in the book!
It's strange
I still feel the same
As I did
On Monday
The day before
It went on sale.
But..now look at me
Hail!
I am a published poet!
Happy but gutted
Totally overshadowed by
The madness of Prince George.

Dulwich Mishi 25th July 2013

( A somewhat 'tongue in cheek' piece about me having a poem in a book, published by Dulwich Hamlet supporter Stephen Desmond, to celebrate our title winning season, which went on sale the day after the royal baby was born)

No comments:

Post a Comment