Monday 29 July 2013

"Thoughtful words"

I was once told
By a very good friend
That my problem is
I think too much.
And in that I can see
Where she is coming from.
But on the other hand
If I did not think
As much as I do
I would not permanently
Have a notebook and pen
In one of the two compartments
In my backpack wherever I go
To jot down and preserve
My thoughts that I convert
Into poetry
Just for me
Not a wider readership.
Which is a bonus really
For when I have ended
My shit life
When I decide the moment
Is right
I won't be able to hear you all go
"I wish we'd read these first
And realised how he felt"
Which serves the purpose
Of this silent secret poetry blog!

Dulwich Poet 28th July 2013

( I find poetry theraputic, as well as enjoyable. This is a 'theraputic' one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment