Wednesday 3 July 2013

"Shit Trip"

How quickly being unwell
Can turn into a weekend of hell
A sudden virus I'm under attack
Away from home without a quack
Shitting water and being sick
What a time for it to pick.
It just struck from nowhere at all
Worst in my life that I can recall
No idea where I got this bug
Too scared to give my godson
A little hug
Can't take the risk of infection
My only thought his protection.
Had to finish my trip early doors
Frightened if they fell ill
I would be the cause.
Which is how I came to Brussels
Two days too soon
Right at the end of flaming June.
Now it's the first of July
Time to wave Belgium goodbye
My 'shit' is still rather runny
I've also run out of their funny money
Just enough for a small bite to eat
Before Gare du Midi & my Eurostar seat.
I was gutted to leave them on Saturday night
But I knew I had to as it was right
On my next trip I'll be fighting fit
Hopefully capable of a solid shit!

Dulwich Poet 1st July 2013

(I was in Belgium, to visit my friends & my godson, in Namur. Unfortunately I was very ill with some sort of nauseous stomach bug, I genuinely can't recall feeling worse, from anything like it in the past. Rotten bad luck, to say the least, I said I would go to Brussels early, until my train on the Monday evening, which they thankfully agreed to. I would have hated myself if any of them had caught anything from me)

No comments:

Post a Comment