Sunday 7 July 2013

"Ploughing On"

The problem with poetry
Is I do judge a book
By its cover.
With just a glimpse
Of the words inside.
I pick them up four at a time
Seemingly with no reason or rhyme.
Typically it will be sods law
The thicker one I struggle with
Is the chore.
I could discard it
Move onto the next
But doing so
Would leave me vexed.
So I just plough on
Not readin but scanning
Just in case
I miss out on one
That inspires me
To write a Mourinho.
Oh come on...you know
'The Special One'.
In the meantime
I'll just carry on
Being the mediocre one.

Dulwich Poet 6th July 2013

(When I read poetry I can't always follow it, but I can get some inspiration or ideas when I do. I hate it when I can't get into a book of poetry, and have this irritating habit, of 'scan reading' to the end, in case there's an enjoyable one in there)

No comments:

Post a Comment