Sunday 21 July 2013

"Turn It Off"

Would you believe me
If I told you
Hand on heart
Me and television
Have drifted apart?
I haven't watched the box
Since the end of last year
In old fashioned parlance
Does that make me queer?
It began over christmas time
A time I hate, being alone is fine
Watching back to back DVD's
Doing exactly as I please.
Just couldn't be bothered
To change scart leads behind
Without even realising
Wasn't bored out of my mind.
Papers and radio for the news
All you need to formulate views.
There's nothing to stop me
Tuning into the beeb again
But it will have to be a darn sight
Better than your Dragon's Den.
The only pity is
I don't save the licence fee
As I never paid it
Telly was free.

Dulwich Poet 21st July 2013

( I genuinely haven't watched any telly programmes at home since christmas. Too fiddly to squeeze behind the telly changing the scart leads, and re-connecting the digi-box for the signal, so I just keep it set, and only watch DVDs & videos)

No comments:

Post a Comment