Sunday 28 July 2013

"Stabbed In The Back" or "You Cunt Jack!"

I'd rather curl up and die
Than sell my soul
For a collar and tie.
Accused of brown nosing
The man at the top
Total absurdity
But how does it stop?
Then accused of peddling
The 'official' line
From a bloke who believes
Water turned into wine!
All I've ever done
Is care about my Club
But can a fan be an official
There is the rub.
I speak my mind
You might think I'm strong
But your dagger's dug deep
You are so wrong
Underneath I'm still
Vulnerable and weak.
Criticism I can take
I've got a broad back
But when YOU actually do nothing
That's what I can't hack.
In a fit of anger
I took the messagebaord down
To you it may look
I'm playing the clown.
Believe me when I say
I wasn't being rash
It was clearly thought through
To see who'd give it a bash.
Surprise, surprise
It wasn't those
Who had a pop at me
But others who know
The meaning of
Old fashioned loyalty.
I can see how people
Call it a day
Say 'fuck you all!'
And simply walk away.
I'm not quite at that stage yet
But it's getting closer, you can bet.
Not that far away when it's time to go
Had enough of feeling low
So someone hit me with another blow
Then we can all reap what we sow.
If you feel any remorse
And turn up at the back
You'll be told to leave
As he's finally at peace
And he's alright Jack!


Dulwich Poet 28th July 2013

(I serve on the Football Club committee, but also class myself as a supporter first and foremost, rather than a Club official. I am getting a bit of grief from one or two individuals, who seem to think I more with the boardroom than the fans. Total bullshit that hurts, even though I should ignore it. As it stands I am seriously considering what role I play at the Club, and as I feel at this moment in time, do not think I will stay on the committee for much longer. )

No comments:

Post a Comment